The client we are representing is an international freight forwarding and contract logistics company based in Sydney's South Western Suburbs. Their core business is Sea and Air freight, they also provide 3PL logistics solutions to their clients. Well known for the quality of service they provide.
An excellent opportunity for an experienced WHS Advisor to start immediately, the role will be responsible for providing advice and support to management and employees on managing WHS in the workplace. This position is a full time and permanent, you will have excellent people management skills and knowledgeable within WHS.
- Develop WHS and injury management policies and procedures document
- Ensure safety awareness and workplace injury prevention has been communicated to all operations and functions.
- Coordinate and implement WHS and key health and safety strategies
- Build strong working relationships with line managers and lead change to drive a strong safety culture.
- Assisting with the facilitation of internal/external audits and risk management operations ensuring compliance, monitoring outcomes and follow-up as required
- Planning, developing and delivering WHS training as required
- Proactively identify and assess current and emerging WHS issues and ensure that appropriate control measures are considered
- Providing training and guidance to the work health and safety committee and coordinating their reporting requirements to ensure they have the skills to identify risks, operate and report effectively
- Maintain the incident reporting and management system
- Assist with the reporting and investigation of incidents and hazard management
- Ensuring that WHS training records are maintained
- Previous experience in a WHS Advisor role
- NSW Return to Work certification
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (desirable)
- Tertiary level qualifications in WHS (or working towards)
- Current working knowledge and understanding of federal and state/territory legislation, regulations, standards, and codes of practice