With an impending maternity leave this large and incredibly successful Australian business is looking to secure an experienced Systems Accountant for an initial 9 month contract. Embedded in finance you will enjoy involvement across a broad range of IT projects while maintaining the current systems accounting infrastructure (General Ledger, Reporting, P2P, Expenses, Data Warehouse etc).
- Act as Oracle Financials internal administrator and key point of contact for systems related queries
- Maintain the integrity of financial information and interfaces with data warehouses, budgeting tools, reporting packages etc.
- Manage the delivery of enhanced management reporting
- Implement, maintain and monitor enhancements to the current oracle system and procedures
- Provide advice for development opportunities and automation of any manual processes / drive continuous process improvement within the finance department.
- Liaise with systems users to inform of updates and best practise
- Monitor system projects progress and reporting
- Manage project budgets and resource allocation
- Provide support to the finance team as required
- Ideally you will have qualifications in both accounting (CPA / CA) and IT with potential further studies in Project Management
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle (essential)
- Advanced Excel and hands on experience with SQL Databases (able to query data and write reports)
- Widely acknowledged for your consultative style and ability to manage stakeholders effectively.
- Strong communication skills to liaise effectively with internal stakeholders across the organisation
- Strong analytical skills to identify and address process or system issues / problems
- Strong documentation skills
- Proven knowledge of accounting concepts, principles, practices and procedures
- Project management skills
What's in it for you?
This organisation offers a collaborative and nurturing environment with a long-serving team. If you are looking for an opportunity to step up and expand on your systems skills this could be your ideal role.
Recruiter: Liam Hassell, people2people