Samsung's social media team is responsible for fostering one of Australia's most engaged social communities by developing and executing conversation worthy ideas and campaigns while providing best in class customer service and support via our owned platforms.
This role of team leader is responsible for leading two teams who respond to customers and foster a positive community across Samsung's owned platforms and other key websites. The role oversees the management of a roster of team members who operate seven days a week to manage our always-on approach to our online community.
Samsung has successfully built its social media community over the last few years. We're now searching for a new team leader who has experience in online community management with a passion for staying on top of social trends and engaging the community through two-way communication.
What are the duties and responsibilities?
- Manage team across customer service and community enquiries on Samsung's social media channels including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube, Google Reviews, Gumtree, Ebay, Facebook Marketplace, Product Reviews, Samsung dot.com site.
- Lead our community engagement strategy for our social channels, ensuring the global social media guidelines and playbook is adhered including our social tone of voice.
- Oversee social sentiment, listening and trends reporting. Use findings to recommend content and other ideas to continue to engage and build Samsung's social community.
- Oversee calendar of organic content for Samsung's social channels and work with team to ensure content adheres to guidelines, has been through appropriate approval processes and is posted as scheduled.
- Manage a rolling roster of social media community and customer service specialists to ensure an always on, seven-days-per-week presence to support social channels.
- Manage team inc. recruitment and on-boarding, resourcing and day-to-day support including training, 1:1 meetings, learning and development, etc.
- Work with senior managers to set business objectives, team KPIs and performance measures.
- Ensure team and individuals work towards and meet business objectives, KPIs and performance measures.
- Follow HR policies and guidelines relating to rosters, overtime payment, etc.
- Ensure the team provides outstanding customer experience and successfully handles complaints and challenging customers while following Samsung's guidelines and processes.
- Work with team to minimize potential social and media / PR risks and lead issues sensing and feedback to business stakeholders.
- Foster a positive team environment and act as a leader and mentor to the community team.
What are some of the technical requirements?
- Marketing, communication or similar certification or qualification.
- Deep understanding of social media, community engagement and principles of marketing.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Experience using Sprinklr, Brand Networks and other platforms, will be highly regarded and is preferred.
What are the qualifications and experience we need from you?
- Atleast 2 years working in a fast paced social media community management role.
- Minimum 2 years of people management experience.
- Experience in customer service highly desirable.
- An advantage to have relevant social media marketing experience.
What are the personal attributes that would make you succeed in this role?
- Customer focused with an empathetic approach to customers.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Strong leader who can support a team to manage priorities and navigate challenges in a fast paced environment.
- Creative writing skills.
- Must be organised, able to prioritise tasks and take initiative.
- Highly motivated and ability to take ownership of initiative.
- Have a passion for customer service and enthusiastic about improving customer experience.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be a quick learner and adaptable to change.
- Attention to detail essential.
This position is unique in many ways as it combines people leadership as well as all your modern day social media trends.
If you have the passion to drive a dynamic team of individuals and are passionate about social media, do not hesitate to call Manish on 0447 710 791 for more information. And of course, should you fit the description, hit the apply button.