Our client is a high profile, listed company with their Australian head office located in the CBD. Currently, they are seeking a Senior Tax Advisor to join their professional team to work across their business interests, both domestically and internationally.
About the role
As the Tax Accountant, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the completion of all corporate income tax related compliance obligations, including Company Tax Returns and Tax Effect Accounting requirements for various legal entities.
- Assist with the completion of GST compliance obligations, including GST returns for the Group.
- Assist with the completion of Group compliance relating to FBT, withholding tax, PAYG installments and payroll tax.
- Assist with the identification and implementation of process improvements across all areas of tax.
- Undertake technical research and respond to day-to-day questions from the business in relation to income tax, GST and HR related tax issues
- Undertake ad hoc tax technical research in relation to the general tax position of the group and identify tax law changes relevant to the group.
- Assist with contract reviews from a tax perspective.
- Assist with transaction and project related tax work.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Previous working experience in a similar role gained in one of the Big 4 or middle tier firms dealing with a complex organisation, or alternatively working in a commercial environment in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of taxation legislation
- A relevant tertiary qualification with either CA / CPA
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of analytical and problem solving abilities
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Rachael Bates on (07) 3118 0125.