Our client, a prestigious law firm with an international presence, are looking for a Senior Legal Project Manager to join their Legal Project Management team. Despite this global powerhouse having a history spanning almost two hundred years, they are well known for their innovative approach and they have a clear strategy for future growth. As a global team they have a strong reputation for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects. They are a trusted advisor to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law and consistently deliver outstanding outcomes for these clients in innovative ways.
They already have established Legal Project teams across the globe, but they are now seeking an experienced Project Manager to grow the service in Melbourne. With this in mind, you will be a valued member of the Legal Project Management team and will be helping to drive greater transparency, predictability and certainty in legal matters through the provision of effective project management support.
This position will largely involve working closely with clients, partners, lawyers and business support staff to manage the efficient delivery of legal services; including not only legal matters, but internal firm projects and initiatives too.
Your duties will also include (but not be limited to):
- Support Client Relationship Partners and Business Development with pitching through the provision of high-level scoping, scheduling, resourcing and pricing expertise
- Support the Responsible Partner by working in consultation with the client, legal team and support services to prepare detailed matter plans
- Arrange appropriate kick-off meetings and regular communications so that there is common understanding and buy in to the legal objectives and matter approach
- Track progress against matter plans, alerting relevant stakeholders promptly to variances and recommending changes and developing contingency plans where necessary
- Arrange post-closing matter reviews and lessons learned exercises
- Work in collaboration with the other teams and business support staff to implement a range of initiatives to improve efficiency and profitability
The successful candidate for this Senior Legal Project Manager must have:
- At least 5 years' project management experience in consultancy or professional services firm
- Experience of the whole project life-cycle and covering scope, scheduling, costing, resourcing, communications, quality and risk
- Excellent client facing skills along with a track record of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent presentation, written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced organisational and influencing skills, flexibility of style, attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast paced, high pressured, detail-orientated environment
- Financial literary/ understanding of law firm financials and performance metrics
- High degree of initiative and independent judgement with excellent troubleshooting, decision making and follow through skills
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Microsoft Project, Excel and PowerPoint
- PMI PMP or equivalent project management certifications
Desirable attributes also include:
- Experience in a similar role within the legal industry
- Project management of legal matters or legal-related initiatives
- Working with virtual teams in a global environment
- Qualifications and experience in change management and process improvement such as PROSCI and Lean Six Sigma
This organisation will give you the opportunity of working in an inclusive and diverse environment that encourages learning and excellence with some of Australia's leading professionals. You will also have a range of social, sporting and health benefits available to you.
To apply please click on the appropriate link on this page, alternatively for more information or a confidential conversation please contact Aimee Burton on 03 9098 7433