The specialist government team here at people2people are working closely with the NSW Government to recruit an experienced Procurement Specialist with solid experience in Contracts and Tenders, Stakeholder and team management for an exciting new temporary assignment with NSW Government!
Your overall responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Manage and deliver procurement projects on time and on target as required for the Department to maintain and extend its procurement accreditation.
- Provide sound advice and support to the Procurement team and Business Owners across the Department on individual procurement projects, category management, supplier relationship management.
- Deliver value for money for the Department while supporting social and environmental procurement objectives.
- Conduct engagement, planning and analysis that support business needs and strategic objectives.
- Provide timely advice, communication, reports and submissions for key divisional, departmental and external stakeholders.
- Participate in procurement initiatives and projects, as required, and may be deployed to other areas within the Procurement to meet client and business needs and enable skills development.
- Focusing on creating a consistent environment to obtain best value for money for the Department while ensuring compliance with government standards, maintaining probity and managing Departmental risk exposure.
- Dealing with matters of a sensitive and confidential nature and demonstrating appropriate levels of professionalism and trust.
- Leveraging procurement opportunities in a diverse organisation and analysing complex information across multiple information systems.
- Knowledge of the NSW Procurement Framework, procurement governance and procurement policies.
- Relevant work experience in procurement, project management or a related area.
- Travel between Parramatta and the Sydney CBD may be required
The ideal candidate for this role will have had experience in Procurement with NSW Government. You will be able to demonstrate your highly attuned negotiation style and explain the evaluation process in making decisions.