about the client
Based on the Northside of Brisbane, this global company operates across a variety of industries including the aviation sector and have major contracts with the Australian Defence Force. After experiencing continuous growth, a vacancy now exists for an experienced Procurement Officer to join the Supply Chain team on a 3 month contract.
about the role
Reporting to the Procurement Team Leader, this permanent position will see you responsible for the effective procurement of aviation and non-aviation assets sourcing solutions for material and services, whilst managing the below accountability's:
- Establish solid working relationships with internal customers, logistics, distribution and external suppliers
- Investigate and provide adequate sourcing solutions for material and services in the time-frame required by the customer.
- Raise Purchase Orders in accordance with purchasing procedures
- Comply with ITAR requirements and regulations for importation/exportation.
- Ensure dates for inventory and non-inventory lines are up-to-date in IFS.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure performance as per procedure and provide reporting as required.
- Manage all QA issues
- Manage return queries raised with the supplier
- Investigate, coordinate and resolve the supplier payment issues
- Provide support to ensure OTD for internal and external orders is met
- Manage the escalation process to ensure that all of the orders are delivered as per their priority level.
- Review status of inventory with a view to optimise holdings
- Provide reporting and support as requested by the Team Leader and the Supply Chain manager.
what's on offer?
- Competitive salary
- Career progression opportunities
- On-site parking
- Cohesive and supportive team environment
Professionally presented with exceptional written and verbal communication skills, you are an experienced procurement professional with a minimum of 4 years procurement experience ideally within the aviation sector. With highly developed organisational skills and the ability to multitask, you have strategic sourcing experience, a strong business acumen along with proven negotiation and contract management skills. If you are currently looking to undertake the next step in your career, this is a wonderful opportunity to join a global company who truly invest in their staff.
To apply please click on the appropriate link on this page, alternatively for more information or a confidential conversation please contact Melanie Hammond on +61731180125
( SK92368A )