People2people are recruiting on behalf of an international law firm who have offices throughout Australia and Asia. They have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. They have recently also been awarded Australian Law Firm of the Year.
As an industry leader, this global law firm prides themselves on equipping their people with the skills and experience they need to be professionals of the future.
This is an opportunity to step into a top tier law firm where you can work alongside some of the most reputable lawyers in Australia and enjoy a supportive company culture of collaboration, innovation and inspiring others with a commitment to your career development.
The firm is seeking an experienced Legal Assistant / Legal Secretary to join their Real Estate & Developments team in Melbourne supporting the Practice Group Leader. As a Legal Assistant, you will be working alongside top calibre legal operatives, from graduates to partners.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Diary, travel and expense management
- Billing and client reporting
- Management of meetings and telephone conference calls in an effective and professional manner
- Preparing and amending legal documentation, including property-related forms and statements
- Provision of secretarial and practice management services to a portfolio of internal clients
- Performing other administrative tasks as required
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrated experience in a legal secretarial role within Real Estate
- Excellent computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook email
- A commitment to excellence in client service, along with strong interpersonal skills, confidence, and the ability to build rapport with busy clients, partners and lawyers
- A very high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with the flexibility to organise and prioritise work independently and deliver to tight deadlines
- The ability to work well within a team environment
- A high degree of diplomacy and discretion and an ability to maintain confidentiality
- The ability to generate ideas and demonstrate initiative
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Opportunity to work within a prestigious top tier law firm that has recently been awarded Australian Law Firm of the Year. Salary on offer is up to $85,000 package.
Other benefits include:
- Flexibility policy and remote access
- Fantastic professional development including secondment opportunities
- Discounted products, services and insurances
- Gym membership
- Study assistance and study leave
- Charity matched funding programs
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
- Subsidised sporting events
- Employee assistance program
- Committees and interest groups including charity, pro bono ethics, sports, women...
For immediate consideration, please submit your application on the appropriate link. If you have any questions, please call Aimee Burton on 03 9098 7433.