The specialist Government team here at people2people is working closely with the NSW Government to recruit an experienced Senior Pharmaceutical Officer responsible for providing specialist advice, developing and supporting strategies and projects relating to the regulation and appropriate handling of medicines and poisons.
- To undertake a wide range of activities in their policy and regulatory function roles in administering the provisions
- To provide advice on policy and regulation related to the possession, prescribing, supply and manufacture of medicines, poisons and prohibited substances.
- To provide assistance in the preparation of accurate, clear and timely written and verbal communication which will largely consist of policy documents, briefs, correspondence, meetings and presentations for the Minister and Senior Executives and other staff within the organisation
- To prepare documents and correspondence, and provide information in response to telephone and email queries in a high volume front line regulatory environment.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong Written and verbal communications skills
- Tertiary qualifications in a health related discipline including knowledge of pharmacology and pharmaceutics and the application of this knowledge in clinical practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Poisons and Therapeutic Goods legislation and its practical application.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of clinical safety, quality and governance policies and legislation.
- Demonstrated high level organisational skills to deliver agreed work outcomes within time frames, budget and quality expectations.
Please click on the apply button if this is your role!