With lawyers operating from more than 40 locations, working in virtually every country of the world, they have invested heavily in building a high-quality full-service practice competing at the top of the market.
Diversity is a core value of our Firm and it has been recognized with numerous awards and top rankings around the world. Our people represent 90 nationalities and speak 80 languages.
As the Office Manager of this international law firm, you will be working with the Australian Partners and Regional Management team to ensure the smooth running of the Australian offices with respect Facilities, Office Management, Procurement and Records Management.
Key internal relationships will include Partners in Australia, COO, Business Services Manager and the Shared Services in Manila.
Direct reports will include the Guest Services Team, Service Centre Team (including document production and mailroom) and Practice Assistants.
The successful Office Manager will have duties including (but not limited to)
- Accountable for the management and services provided by the above teams including managing rosters and absences (ad hoc and planned) and OH&S requirements. Additional responsibilities include conducting evaluations, performance management and other key HR annual processes
- Shared responsibility with the management team for the integration of the Australian offices into the network
- Manage space allocation and moves for all employees including new joiners and visitors
- Manage tenancy security system and office card access for all staff
- Responsible for negotiating corporate rates with hotels and serviced apartments
- Liaise with building management on all office related matters and repairs
- Liaise with local IT on client floor AV faults and repairs
- Manage and monitor any lease related matters and further fit out works (in conjunction with COO)
- Manage relationship with all office suppliers and vendors
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the office space, including: office cleaners, carpet cleaners and air conditioning maintenance etc.
- Testing of the Emergency Response System (Send Word Now)
- Manage matters related to office Business Continuity for the Crisis Management Team
- Ensure smooth running of office events and activities
- Responsible for engaging temporary wait staff and external caterers for key events
- Manage the Office Administration budget
- Invoice management
- Review, Maintain and Develop (as required) New Administration Policies and Procedures including best practice guidelines
- Degree holder in Business and Administration or other related fields (preferred but not essential)
- Previous office management experience in a legal or professional services environment
- Ability to proactively identify critical business issues and deal with appropriately
- Exceptional people management skills, including high level influencing skills
- A positive can-do attitude and high attention to detail - delivering consistently to deadlines and reacting positively to changes and conflict
- Ability to negotiate effectively and commercially
- High level communication skills both written and verbal
- Team player with the ability to work cooperatively and flexibly with a varied team of people
- Reliable, flexible and adaptable
- Maintain confidentiality and sensitivity of information and use discretion when dealing with such matters
For a confidential conversation about this opportunity, please give Aimee Burton a call on 03 9098 7433. For immediate consideration, please don't hesitate in submitting your resume now.