The specialist government team here at people2people are working closely with the NSW Government to recruit an experienced Media Relations Officer with solid experience in Marketing and media focus for an exciting new temporary assignment!
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with other emergency services such as police, fire brigades, rural fire services, health professionals and public affairs officers.
- Assist in communicating policies, major achievements and emerging issues throughout the Service and community.
- Assist the Director Media and Manager Media and Government Relations at media conferences
- Record and edit print and electronic media daily.
- Briefing internal and external stakeholders on new and current projects
- Preparing and distributing promotional plans and costings
- Managing online, billboards, TV and database marketing campaign
- Updating internet and website providers
- Creating and maintaining a high quality brand continuity applications for each project, consistent with corporate requirements
- Implementing a Public Relations plan for effective media coverage
- Proactively participating with customer communication and service improvement
To be successful within this role you will:
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative, identify media opportunities and manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in reactive and proactive media strategy.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, organisation, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated high-level written communication skills including preparation of reports, correspondence, administration, creative, copy writing and digital materials.
- Possess high attention to detail coupled with the ability to deliver marketing campaigns to various audiences
- Be a team player with the ability to work autonomously
- Excellent knowledge and experience in computer skills and relevant software packages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentation, interpersonal skills and negotiating ability.
- Sound knowledge and ability in computer skills including word, excel, access and email.
This is a chance for you to join NSW Government and be a part of a professional and dynamic culture at Rozelle. Please APPLY NOW!