We are recruiting on behalf of Australia's leading independent law firm who act for clients across Asia, America, Middle East and Europe. This innovative and dynamic law firm are regularly recognised for their unique and client driven approach, as well as their constant involvement in award-winning deals and as an employer of choice.
With 5 offices in Australia and a very well established office here in Melbourne, they are best recognised for their reputation of excellence and their Lawyers are consistently involved in some of the largest and most significant transactions in Australia and across the World.
An opportunity has just arose for an intermediate Legal Assistant to join their Employment, Workplace Relations and Safety team on a full time basis.
The Employment, Workplace Relations and Safety team are trusted advisors to major Australian employers in both the private and public sectors. Their national team provides legal advice to clients in both litigious and transactional matters across a range of industries including construction, manufacturing, transport, rail, sporting, fisheries, health services, emergency services, education and government. The team has a great culture and the environment is friendly, supportive and respectful.
This Legal Assistant role will be working within a high performing team and a fast paced environment supporting senior and junior Legal Practitioners.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Preparing correspondence, briefs to counsel and court documentation
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders
- File management
- Managing calendars
- Billing and time coding
- Arranging travel (including flights and accommodation)
- Assisting with events and business development activities
The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 3-4 years' experience in a legal support role, preferably in a commercial environment and will be expected to have:
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proactive and able to work independently with limited supervision
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel)
- Ability to develop and foster excellent professional relationships internally and with clients
- Good judgment and problem solving skills
Benefits will include:
- A competitive remuneration and bonus structure
- A Scholarship for Individual Excellence Program
- Access to a mentoring program
- An industry-leading 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible work practices
- Access to leading industry and business training
- An opportunity to actively contribute to the firm and broader community through the Pro Bono Program and Social Club
Their policies, practices and behaviours foster a safe and inclusive workplace and they enable a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. They are big advocates of diversity being embraced and celebrated in all its forms and acknowledge this will largely benefit their clients and people.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity at Australia's number one law firm, please submit your CV for consideration now!
To apply please click on the appropriate link on this page, alternatively for more information or a confidential conversation please contact Aimee Burton on 03 9098 7433