Looking for a Legal Officer to provide professional legal advice, support and research in the relevant area/s of law to contribute to efficient and effective legal services, primarily related to the provision of financial management and estate and trust administration services.
Interpret and comply with legislation, policies and practice standards.
- Provide efficient and effective legal services to clients and staff in accordance with legislation, policy, guidelines and practice standards.
- Interpret and prepare complex legal documents including, legal records, correspondence, legislation, policies, reports, submissions, briefing notes, wills and contracts
- Undertake administrative activities, research and legal cases allocated within established standards, procedures, policies and delegations.
- Oversee the co-ordination of outsourced legal services and escalate any service delivery concerns or unsolved matters to the Director, Legal Services.
- Conduct litigation before Courts and/or Tribunals as the Department's representative and to respond to formal and informal requests for information including court subpoenas and applications under relevant legislation.
You will need:
- Experience working as a Legal Officer with Government.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively briefing and instructing counsel.
- Excellent computer research skills, including experience with a number of legal research tools and the ability to access, interpret and update information from databases.
- Sound analytic and problem solving skills in working with clients to provide an effective and practical legal solution.
If this is the right opportunity please apply for it.
people2people Recruitment Pty Ltd recognises the value of diversity in its workplace. In particular, the Company recognises that the breadth of skills, knowledge and experience within organisations increases when it values and utilises the contribution of workplace participants with a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures, ages, genders, perspectives and abilities.
To apply please click on the appropriate link on this page, alternatively for more information or a confidential conversation please contact Priya Menon on +61282709761