An opportunity is available for Legal Counsel to join a global telecommunications company. You will be responsible for provision of legal advice and assistance to business across all business units and functions.
- Providing advice to the business on a broad range of legal matters including general corporate and commercial advice, privacy, competition and consumer laws, employment law, property and leasing issues, intellectual property, spam and general litigation matters
- Negotiating, reviewing and drafting a variety of agreements for all levels of the business
- Reviewing marketing material including website, point of sale, online and social media material
- Drafting terms and conditions for consumer trade promotions
- Liaising with Regional and Head Office in relation to privacy queries and projects and privacy audits
- Managing resolution of various disputes with customers and retailers in relation to ACL and privacy issues
- Providing assistance to senior legal counsel in provision of advice / support to the business
- Assisting with internal reporting requirements relating to legal and compliance function
- An admitted legal practitioner in NSW
- 4-6 years post-qualified experience (PQE)
- Demonstrated ability to handle matters independently in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Experience in dealing with all staffing levels and management
- Ability to synthesise complex concepts and explain in commercially sound and easy to understand manner
- Previous exposure in each of the areas of law detailed above (in particular, experience in reviewing marketing material and negotiating/drafting agreements) and providing privacy advice, gained in a top tier law firm or in an in-house environment
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, do not delay your application or call Shelley Duong on 02 8270 9768 for a further conversation.