This international powerhouse is one of the largest law firms in the Asia Pacific region and has offices throughout Australia and Asia. They have recently been named Australian Law Firm of the Year and are known for working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
As an industry leader, this global law firm pride themselves on equipping their people with the skills and experience they need to be professionals of the future.
Across their support and professional employees, their people are specialists in their fields and trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically.
In a rapidly changing world, they seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. They believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by the community too.
Their Melbourne office is in an exciting chapter of growth and they are therefore seeking a Legal Assistant within their Disputes and Investigations team.
Their Disputes and Investigations practice is one of the leading teams in the region and many of their litigation practices are recognised as world leaders in their field.
Duties of this Legal Assistant position will include (but not be limited to):
- Diary, travel and expense management
- Billing and client reporting
- Management of meetings and telephone conference calls in an effective and professional manner
- Preparing and amending legal correspondence and court documentation
- Client liaison and management
- Performing other administrative tasks as required.
To be a successful Legal Assistant, you will need:
- Proven experience in a legal secretarial or assistant role within a mid tier or top tier law firm
- Consistent record within the legal industry to an intermediate or senior level
- First class IT skill set and confident user of MS Office
- A commitment to excellence in client service, along with strong interpersonal skills, confidence and the ability to build rapport with busy clients, partners and lawyers
- A very high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with the flexibility to organise and prioritise work independently and deliver to tight deadlines
- The ability to work well within a team environment
- A high degree of diplomacy and discretion and an ability to maintain confidentiality
Be an integral member in one of their teams, which are open, inclusive and encouraging. They give their people the chance to learn and grow, by providing you with the tools and flexibility to drive your own career. Consequently, your achievements and hard work will be recognised and awarded as you progress through the firm.
This position is supporting a couple of their Managing Associates who are on the Partnership track so this is an opportunity to grow with them.
A competitive salary of up to $82,500 package is on offer, plus one of the most impressive range of benefits in the legal market, including discounted health and travel insurance, salary continuance insurance, gym membership, flexible working hours, secondment opportunities, external training, sporting events, pro bono committee and plenty more!
Should you have proven experience as a Legal Assistant/ Legal Secretary within a well-known law firm in Australia and be interested in progressing your knowledge, skill set and experience within a top tier law firm, please use the appropriate link to submit your resume for immediate consideration.
For a confidential conversation, please call Aimee Burton on 03 9098 7433.