We are recruiting on behalf of a premium independent law firm who are known for their insight, innovation and agility to create success for their clients on a global stage.
This reputable law firm possesses a strong history spanning close to 200 years and in that time have built an impressive reputation for their focus on innovation and technologies which create opportunities for their clients in a rapidly changing business landscape. Their lawyers are known for being world-class who think big and do things differently.
Not only does this practice have an established practice here in Melbourne, but they are also well known across Australia and have strong partnering relationships throughout the Asia Pacific region and worldwide.
They offer first-class benefits to all of their staff and have a sterling reputation for providing thorough training and mentoring, as well as excellent career paths for their support staff.
Due to expansion, this international law firm is seeking a Legal Assistant to support a Partner in Construction. This Partner has a busy construction practice as well as being a valued Adviser for the Victorian Royal Commission.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Telephone management and answering queries
- Extensive diary and travel arrangement (mostly domestic, some international)
- Email management
- Preparing video conferences
- Processing end of month billing
- Dictaphone typing
- Prepare briefs, bundles, documents and letters
- Liaising with clients over the phone and in-person
To be considered for this Legal Assistant position, you must have:
- Proven legal support experience within a well-known law firm
- Advanced knowledge of Word to produce high-quality documentation
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook to organise and manage contacts, email, diary activity, fee earner availability, court/settlement dates, follow-up of outstanding items from fee earners, clients/other parties so that deadlines aren't overlooked
- Advanced knowledge of CMS or other finance-related software to manage expenses, matters, timesheets, client billing and reporting requirements
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Up to $83,000 package is on offer
- Support within a vibrant team who are working on a very topical case
- A Scholarship for Individual Excellence Program
- Access to a mentoring program
- Excellent career paths for all support staff
- An industry-leading 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible work practices for staff
- Access to leading industry and business training
- An opportunity to actively contribute to the broader community
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link on this page or contact Aimee Burton on 03 9098 7433