A leader their industry, this well-established company is experiencing significant growth. They have a reputation for developing their staff and providing career pathways and opportunities in a variety of fields. The company belief is investing in their people through training, development and education is fundamental to reaching goals and achieving results.
As the purchasing and inventory manager you will be responsible for managing and controlling inventory to ensure spare parts stock is available. You will be working closely with the National Logistics Manager to improve lead times, stock management and inventory levels.
- Liaise closely with internal stakeholders to improve demand and inventory planning
- Reduce lead time and improve delivery performance of parts
- Manage and implement parts returns with overseas and local suppliers
- Define a strategy to reduce surplus stock and manage the program
- Review stock replenishment in accordance with turnover, price, and machine requirements
- Manage and review cost control measures so the company can minimise parts operation costs
- Previous experience in a similar position working within the heavy industrial industry
- Extensive understanding of parts inventory management, forecasting, planning and purchasing
- Highly motivated and energetic with a positive attitude towards meeting and exceeding clients' needs
- Proven examples of strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to liaise confidently with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Qualifications in Management, supply chain or logistics
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company where you will be offered an opportunity to grow and develop your skills this is a great platform to take your career to the next level. If you have the required skills and experience don't hesitate to apply, this is an urgent position ready to interview now.