An opportunity has become available for Field Test Engineer. This position will work closely with Research and Development team, as well as Product team, to perform quality tests on mobile products (smartphones, tablets and wearables) and their interoperability on various cellular network.
You will be document all your findings regarding conformance to standards as well as regulations, requirements for different carriers, and suitability for local market use.
What are the duties and responsibilities?
- Conduct testing of mobile devices (smartphone/ tablet/ wearable/etc) following the test guides, plans/deadlines and requirements
- Identify ways to enhance and improve testing methodologies as you go
- Provide regular reports on test results within deadline and to align with team / company milestones
- Document your issues identified and general observations during testing, liaise with as well as assist R&D team with the test logs / information / solution in order to achieve timely resolution
- Analyse symptoms of issues and observations, document findings, and complete benchmark testing when required
- Testing of device against carrier requirements. Similarly, document findings and issues identified
- Testing of devices to assess regulatory / compliance / safety requirements
- Provide technical support to internal and external partners on mobile products for various sales / marketing / production purposes
- You will be involved in the test automation processes which includes executing scripts
What are the experience and skills we are looking for?
- A tertiary qualification in electrical / telecommunication engineering, or computer science is highly desirable
- At least 1 year of experience in product testing – preferably mobile devices
- Understanding or experience in automation is an advantage
- Experience in testing against telco carriers will be highly regarded
- Understanding of wireless technology with respect to protocol standards (3GPP) or equivalent is a must
- Ability to write scripts using Python or Excel VBA is preferred
What personal attribute would make you a strong applicant?
- Top notch communication skills – both written and verbal
- You must be a confident individual so that you can comfortably engage in discussions and influence decisions
- High attention to detail is a must, given the nature of the role
- Experience to work according to deadlines and in face-paced environment with ever-changing conditions is a massive advantage
- Be a team-player with a great personality
- You must be well organised and have a process-oriented approach
If you feel this position perfectly matches you, then hit the apply button or contact Manish Jhowry on 0447710791 to discuss.