This well established and influential government department is looking for an Executive Assistant to join the team. Based in the Chatswood, this department employs hundreds of people state-wide and is currently going through a large period of reform. This position is to start immediately and run until the end of February 2018.
The Role and Responsibilities:
The focus of the role is the provision of effective executive assistance and high level organisation and administration support. This will occur within a performance based, innovative, responsive and accountable customer focused work culture.
Skills and Experience:
- Provide high level executive support to the Director and the directorate / business unit
- Assist the Director in the development, implementation and monitoring of effective systems, processes and procedures
- Ensure the Director is appropriately briefed and / or supplied with briefing material for all meetings and that the necessary information and analysis is available in the briefing material
- Ensure the effective control and tracking of correspondence and records associated with the operation of the directorate. This will include examining incoming correspondence and reports, assessing action required, determining priorities, preparing correspondence and implementing standard records management and correspondence procedures.
- Coordinate and log the flow and exchange of information between the Director and others both internally and externally.
- Maintain efficient filing systems, both manual and electronic.
- Assist with the management and prioritising of telephone enquiries.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Calm under pressure and the ability to respond to changing priorities
- Problem solver