Your responsibilities will include undertaking assessments, planning and implementing appropriate interventions, negotiation and mediation with families, schools and other parties are all skills in your tool box.
Your ability to translate your specialist knowledge into practical information will also assist you in the development, provision and support of individual programmes to help children overcome barriers to learning.
It is essential that you have demonstrated successful experience with special needs in classroom or other relevant settings. You will hold a Master level tertiary qualification with Post-Graduate Diploma in Education Psychology or equivalent and have registration under the Health Practitioners Competency Assurance Act
Essential broad knowledge of:
- Te Whaariki Curriculum
- Family and group dynamics
- Educational organisation systems
- Paediatric health and other relevant specialist services
- Relevant legislation, policy and best practice
- Relevant health and welfare entitlements and community services
Contact Annie O'Keefe online today or call 0272825368.