A global electronics organisation inspiring the world with their products is looking for an innovative Data Engineer to support the Analytics team. This 12 month fixed term contract with the possibility to become permanent is be located in the heart of Sydney CBD.
You will create reporting solutions from one of the richest TV viewership/media consumption databases in the industry today. You will also build reporting solutions to guide strategy and ad sales powered by a Redshift data warehouse using SQL, Python and leveraging other AWS tools such as EC2 and S3. You'll explore data to find trends and identify new opportunities for the organisation and help tune and improve current code base.
- Translating business requirements into SQL queries and Python scripts for ad hoc analysis and new reporting solutions
- Exploring data to identify trends and anomalies, develop new analytical capabilities/solutions, and find new monetisation opportunities
- Architect data pipelines to connect different data sources
- Developing and maintaining Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) processes
- Transforming and cleansing outputs into meaningful analysis for business/sales teams
- Tuning and optimising current reporting solutions
- Aid in documentation
- Previous experience in a related engineering/analytics work
- Strong SQL skills using SQL
- Solid Python skills working with Python for data manipulation, cleansing, and automation
- Strong BI experience
- Exposure to Automation
- Exposure to AWS Redshift or PostgreSQL
- Experience with AWS tools such as EC2 and S3
- Jira, Confluence, GitHub and other agile development tool experience
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, do not delay your application or call Shelley Duong on 02 8270 9768 for a further conversation.