Are you passionate about working with NSW Government? Do you feel your Media and Communication skills are not being used to their fullest potential? Are you looking to move into a Government organisation where your expertise can literally change lives?
We are looking for a Communications Advisor who is a strong writer, with a focus on attention to detail and a strong sense of initiative to work for NSW Government.
No day in this role will be the same, however general responsibilities include:
- Preparation of digital and printed Communications materials and also working with graphic designers and video editors to produce materials.
- Being the primary point of contact for media enquiries as well as organising community engagement events.
- Performance of ad hoc journalistic tasks including photo shoots, generating stories and interviewing
- Assisting with PR for different events across the organisation and wider public
- Provide content for the website and social media pages, including seasonal specific messages
As the successful candidate you will be thick skinned, creative and highly self-motivated. You will also possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications, Journalism, PR or related field
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience in creating and preparing media releases
- Knowledge of print, radio and TV media
- Strong interpersonal skills
As this role will deal with sensitive and often uncomfortable issues, you will be resilient, thick skinned and proactive in your approach. You will also possess exceptional written and communication skills with a high degree of creativity.
The unique nature of this role means you will be truly challenged day to day. If you are looking to make an observable and far reaching impact in your next role, do not delay your application!
people2people Recruitment Pty Ltd recognises the value of diversity in its workplace. In particular, the Company recognises that the breadth of skills, knowledge and experience within organisations increases when it values and utilises the contribution of workplace participants with a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures, ages, genders, perspectives and abilities.
To apply please click on the appropriate link on this page, alternatively for more information or a confidential conversation please contact Priya Menon on +61282709761