people2people have partnered with a leading organisation working across the power, water and energy markets specialising in engineering, design, manufacture and implementation of world class solutions. With a global presence and a longstanding history in the market place they have experienced year on year growth. The lengthy tenures of staff are a testament to management and the positive culture. With an emphasis on its family values and culture that have been established over the last forty years, our client now has an opportunity for an experience Business Development Manager to join their high performing sales and estimating team.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Sales Director, your solid proven sales track record selling equipment to the coal mines, preferably generators, pumps, lighting towers and compressors. You will be responsible for maintaining continual contact with existing and prospective clients within Australia for the company's core verticals including industrial, civil, mining and commercial industry sectors. Duties will include:
- Committing to face-to-face appointment continually.
- Attend weekly Sales Meetings and training
- Prepare weekly plans and daily reports.
- Take incoming sales enquiries.
- Respond quickly to client requests of problems.
- Help prepare sales budgets, marketing tools, cost sheets, tenders, quotes, etc.
- Collecting information from competitors and various sites, etc.
- Tele-Sales as per telesales roster and set KPI's.
- Preparation of Contract Review documents and co-ordination of Handover Meeting with Projects.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required in support of company requirements
- Proven track record as a BDM working within the industrial, mining, commercial construction or related industry sector.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiations skills
- Driven, motivated and energetic personality
- Ability to build rapport with both internal and external stakeholders throughout the life-cycle of the sale / project.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite
- 5 years demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Family owned and operated
- Global presence
- Strong supportive team culture
- Work across a number of customers / projects
- Feel like you are part of the team from day 1!