Our client is a Brisbane icon with a long history and an enviable team culture. With a strong community presence and ongoing projects, this service based business are poised to solidify their position even further!
About the role
Working within a small finance team and reporting through to the Finance Manager and CFO, this is a role with scope! Not only will you have the "day to day' finance aspects, but you'll be a key player in supporting the finance side of their large projects.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- End of month reconciliations including bank recs, balance sheet, P+L and billings review
- Assist with monthly and annual financial and management reporting
- Oversight of the fixed asset register
- Assist with budget preparation and analysis of actuals to variance
- Preparation of indirect taxes and statutory requirements including FBT, BAS and GST
- Cash management
- Project reporting
At least degree qualified and looking to commence CA/CPA (if not already) you will have demonstrated experience within a broad finance role, describing yourself as proactive, diligent and committed to meeting deadlines. You will be a team player who isn't afraid to get out and about in the business to build relationships with key stakeholders. In terms of skills and experience, you'll demonstrate:
- ERP experience with strong excel skills
- Understanding of the accounting standards
- Project experience is highly regarded
- An analytical approach with the ability to dig in and do more than just reconciliations
What's on offer?
This business is well established and boasts a highly knowledgeable and supportive Finance team, where you'll be encouraged to get involved across the business to really understand their drivers and develop your skills. Based on the Brisbane southside, there is onsite parking and some flexibility with start/finish (great if you want to do the school pick up or drop off!). Working with such a supportive team means you'll encouraged to develop your skills and continue your education. A generous salary is also on offer.